Book Release Announcement! Kindle, epub, and pdf are now available at www.stevecrosby.com. Soft cover is available October 2015.
This book lays out a grace-based and new covenant perspective regarding the function of the prophetic ministry in the New Testament era. It cuts a middle road between the unbelief and dismissal of Cessationism and the baloney, hype, and control of Charismaticdom. This is not a book about: Israel and the end times, predicting the future, the gift of prophecy, how to prophesy, or various other “spiritual gift techniques.”
This book is about relational wellness and integration AS prophetic people, WITH prophetic people, and AMONG the diversely gifted and configured body of Christ. The prophetic grace can be ministered in the earth for the glory of His Name in a way that is not occultic, not sensationalist, does not slander the Lord’s name and character, nor damage His people.
What people are saying about it:
- I was moved to tears by the heartbeat of God for his people that resounds on page after page.
- I have never read anything that so accurately described myself to me before this book.
- If you want to perpetuate the Charismatic dysfunction ubiquitous on the Christian landscape, this book is definitely not for you.
- After reading this book, I felt like I had just climbed up to a vantage point where the Swiss Alps were spread out panoramically before my eyes.
- I feel like I have been put in touch with my Creator for the first time.
- Be warned: this book will not only revolutionize your understanding of New Testament prophets and prophecy, it will also revolutionize your understanding of Christianity.
- I have seen the impact that the truth contained in this book has had on believers throughout the country. Personally, I know the transformation it is has wrought in my own life. And possibly most important of all, I’ve observed Crosby as he has transformed into being the message.
- For the first time, I don’t feel like there is something wrong with me.
- This material has transformed my marriage.
- I now understand my husband for the first time.
- Run, don’t walk to get this book.
- I wish every believer was exposed to the material in this book.
- Anyone who thinks themselves to be prophetic, or is in relationship to someone who is prophetic needs to read this book.
- I wish it was mandatory training for every leader.
- It’s a book about hardheaded reality. I’m deeply saddened that a book like this is necessary, but incredibly grateful for the straight-talk and insights found within its pages.
- My paradigm of what the prophetic is has been turned upside down and reoriented.
- Every once in a rare while you will come across a book that has within it the seed of genuine prophetic revelation. Not in the old- school way of hyped celebrity and cliché-drenched ranting, but more in the deep wisdom of, “Come, let us reason together.” Dr. Stephen Crosby has written such a book.
- I hope and pray that people fired-up by prophetic issues will come across this book and read it long enough to encounter the true Jesus and the power of what He has done for us and in us.
- A truly gifted teacher with a gift for articulation that challenges, sets free, and transforms.
- Despite its title, this invaluable book is really about the centrality and supremacy of Jesus Christ in all things. If we can get that primary matter straight, then order, health, and wholeness (and whole lot more) can be restored to both individual believers and the Body of Christ at large.
- My marriage has been transformed by this material, as I now understand my husband for the first time.
- As a charismatic leader for forty-five years, understanding the difference in Old Covenant and New Covenant prophets has been the source of much confusion for me. Steve Crosby has brought critical clarity to the important differences between the covenants and amazing clarity to help us understand the role of today’s prophetic people and the precious gifts they are to all of us when properly understood.
- This book is not a rehashing of when, where, and how to prophesy, but rather a fresh understanding of how all God’s people can benefit from this important aspect of Christ-life flowing through His Body, the Church.
- Steve Crosby represents the healthiest expression of a NT prophet of anyone I personally know.
- For the first time in my life, I don’t feel like I am crazy.
- This book and the seminar that it came from have given me great freedom to be the being God has made me to be. I greatly appreciate its input into my life.
- I feel like I have been put in touch with my creator for the first time. For over 50 years I’ve been troubled by why I see people and the world the way I do and why people react to me so negatively when I try to explain what I see. Now I know! In one weekend, Steve Crosby has masterfully explained in plain English the prophetic temperament and how to properly utilize it for the Kingdom of God. My life has suddenly been transformed from one of near-constant grief and agony over people to one of joyous expectation of what God can do with me now that I know who I am (not to mention the stress levels in my life have gone way down!). I now look forward to using my gifting in a constructive manner for the true benefit of the local body of Christ.
- I now understand why I respond in life the way I do and why others respond to me the way they do.
- for the first time, I don’t feel like there is something wrong with me.
- I am a sister, employee, and wife of three different prophetic people, each with varying prophetic “facets” and all striving to be at peace with Father, the church, and themselves. This teaching has illuminated their struggles and given me the tools to be an effective help in these relationships, stirring a compassion in me for the misunderstood, misidentified and misused prophetic joints in the body of Christ. Whether you have a prophetic gift or share any portion of your life with a prophet – home, work, fellowship or family – you will be edified, instructed and liberated through this word.
Copyright 2015, Dr. Stephen R. Crosby, www.stevecrosby.org Permission is granted to copy, forward, or distribute this article for non-commercial use only, as long as this copyright byline, in totality, is maintained in all duplications, copies, and link references. For reprint permission for any commercial use, in any form of media, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Would you like to partner with us in distributing our materials and perhaps generate some income for yourself? Please go to www.stevecrosby.com for details of our Affiliate program. This ministry is sustained by the freewill offerings of those believe in the message of a radical grace in a new covenant understanding. If this article has been a blessing to you, would you prayerfully consider making a tax-deductible contribution through our Paypal button to help? Thank you and God bless you.