This 7-hour video seminar presents the New Covenant biblical foundations for a marriage relationship that is not based in patriarchy, hierarchy, and authority. And this is not just for married people! Four of the seven sessions deal with practical issues of conflict resolution in any human interpersonal relationship: marriage, job, church, work, school, etc. Some statistics indicate that the marriages of professing believers end in divorce as often, if not more so, than non-believers. Some statistics also indicate that between 70-80% of the children raised in Christian families, after they reach 21 years of age will never participate in a faith community for the rest of their lives. Something is clearly “not working.” Doubling down on biblically inaccurate authoritarian models of marriage, family, church, and interpersonal relationships is not the answer. Those models are part of the problem.
Session 1 – Designing from Disaster
- A fresh look at the Genesis narrative to deconstruct some common misbeliefs and perceptions about God’s eternal purpose and pattern for the marriage relationship.
- Extracting centuries of Western (American) cultural projections, intrusions, and assumptions from the text.
Session 2 – Facing the “Head” Winds
- Examining Paul’s use of the term “head” in his Epistles.
- Identifying and extracting Western cultural intrusions and assumptions from the texts.
Session 3 – Yours, Mine, and Ours
- The image of God, values conflict, identifying and not judging the “treasure within” others.
- Different by divine design – Differences are not defects.
Session 4 – Captain Hook and the Love Pirates
- What cruciform love looks like, and why relationships fail when it is not present.
- What happens when eros meets agape.
Session 5 – Rebels Without a Cause
- Identifying and overcoming the Control-Rebellion-Rejection Cycle
Session 6 – The Blame Game
- Identifying and overcoming the Shame-Accusation Cycle
Session 7 – I Suffer Not Proof-Texting
- A detailed look at 1 Tim 2:11-15 paying particular attention to its culture and context
- What was going on in Ephesus? What was going on in the ekklesia in Ephesus? What issues were being addressed? Who was being addressed and why?
HOW TO ACCESS THE VIDEOS
- Go to https://stephencrosby.soarlms.com
- Register as a “student.”
- Find Marriage Rx in the course catalog listing of all available course and materials. The listing is alphabetical.
- “Enroll” by simply selecting the course and “checking out” through the system.
- You will be notified via the email you used to register that the first session is available for viewing. As you complete each session, the next one will become available.
Testimonies from Viewers
- “This material saved our marriage”
- “. . . eye-opening . . .”
- ” . . . challenging . . . “
- ” You answered so many lingering questions and doubts I have had for a long time . . . “
- “Thank you for sharing this . . . I have never heard any thing like it in any church I have attended”
- “Awesome seminar, as usual.”
Marriage Rx Copyright 2018, Dr. Stephen R. Crosby, www.stevecrosby.org. Would you like to partner with us in distributing our materials and perhaps generate some income for yourself? Please go to www.stevecrosby.com for details of our Affiliate program. This ministry is sustained by the freewill offerings of those who believe in the message of a radical grace in a new covenant understanding. If this seminar was a blessing to you, would you prayerfully consider making a contribution through our Paypal button to help? Stephanos Ministries is NOT a 501-c-3 corporation Click here to understand why. Thank you and God bless you